Fuji Battery Management - what do you do?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SeldomFocused
SeldomFocused Regular Member • Posts: 135
Fuji Battery Management - what do you do?

I was going to reply to someone talking about extremely poor battery life in another thread, but I thought it might be a good idea to show you how I work with my batteries and it would be fun to see if any of you have systems that we can learn from. We all know that our Fuji's pour through batteries pretty quickly if you are shooting heavily. Shooting casually isn't really a big problem at all - in my opinion. I don't use the add-on battery grip on my H1's only because I don't like the extra large form factor, but I do realize that would virtually eliminate any switching in a day.

Battery thing was one of the primary reasons I always kept a DSLR alongside my Fuji gear. I finally was able to let it go and not care about it. Here is how I manage my batteries - always rotating as I go, so they each get used and charged the same amount - keeping them equally healthy. Also, when I put a dead one in the box, I flip it over, so I'll know which one needs charged. Green sticker up is charged, sticker down = dead.

#'s 1 and 2 are genuine Fuji's and are in each of my H1's. I plan to buy 2 more Fuji ones, but these work well enough and darn genuine Fuji's are too pricey so I've procrastinated.

In the grand scheme of things, it takes a few seconds to swap a battery - so no big deal. If I'm not going out for hours away from my pack, I'll just pop one in my pocket. Whoop-de-doo. I'm not going to let a teenie battery stop me from using some of the most tactile, enjoyable photography gear I've ever had the pleasure to use.

Looking forward to seeing / hearing what some of you all do out there!

-- hide signature --
 SeldomFocused's gear list:SeldomFocused's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow