How do I upload images on a monitor while shooting?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Thurnau Regular Member • Posts: 497
Re: How do I upload images on a monitor while shooting?

blueknigh7 wrote:

sandiegosteve wrote:

Look up "tethering". It allows you to directly connect your camera to instantly see your image on your computer. I'll bet there are some good videos tutorials on how to do it.

Option 1:

Yep, this is the feature you're looking for. You'll need your camera, a USB cable to connect your camera to laptop, and software with the tether feature. Power adapters are optional, depending on the length of the shoot.

Both LR and CaptureOne have this feature, but you'll want to test it before going onsite to get the hang of it.

Definitely the more "professional" method when one thinks of reviewing at a photoshoot and the ideas you get when watching movies.

OPTION 2:

If you're referring to simple viewing, per the manual, I think it's also possible to just hookup an HDMI cable to a monitor or TV from the camera. You should be able to simply use it for playback as you would the back screen, or as a dual screen that can mirror live view mode.

This might be easy if you're already shooting say in a board room with a large screen. But if this is true, you should also be able to project your laptop onto this screen when using Option #1. Beware of badly calibrated screens when making color adjustments though.

Are any of these tethered options wireless? I knew a photographer that gave me the idea, but his only works with Sony, and only with Sony software. I was hoping Nikon had something similar.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow