Loving my new Nikon D3500

Started Jan 6, 2021 | User reviews thread
1VIEW4U2 Regular Member • Posts: 107
Re: Loving my new Nikon D3500

Gramar wrote:

After many years using the Pentax DSLR system I’ve sold it all and moved to Nikon in November 2020. I tried a D300 out a last summer and enjoyed it so decided to take the plunge and have bought myself a D3500 and twin lens kit (AF-P 18-55 VR & AF-P 70-300 VR) from Currys for £599. I can find no one else in the UK offering that deal and it doesn’t appear on the Camera Price buster website either.

So far I’m impressed. I decided on the D3500 because I wanted a simple, lightweight, no frills camera and choose the twin lens kit because it was such good value. I also have a Sony RX100 that has all the bells and whistles I need and is light and small enough to accompany D3500 when required.

During these Covid times in the middle of winter I have fewer opportunities to test my new camera out. That said I walked around Bury St Edmunds last month and took photos of some of the many historic buildings which although not exciting allowed the D3500 & 18-55 to shine. I was astounded by the detail captured. Better even than the K-70 (the last Pentax I owned and also 24 Mp).

I look forward to spring and summer and hopefully allowed to roam more freely once again.

Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds

Crown Street Bury St Edmunds

Congrats on your D3500,

It sure is light enough to carry around and is capable of taking great photos. Your deal included "70-300 VR" which alone costs over $300, here in US many bundles included standard "70-300" lens version non vr, like my did. Then again my only costed $399 plus tax. 

Good luck shooting,

Paul

1VIEW4U2's gear list:1VIEW4U2's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Sony SLT-A57 Sony a6000 Nikon D3500
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow