* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #663 on 2021 01 06 *

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
OP RoelHendrickx Forum Pro • Posts: 27,373
Re: Totally Fake 9: Japan

Fox328 wrote:

RoelHendrickx wrote:

Fox328 wrote:

After flying from Akeno airfield to Nanki-Shirama Airport, i flew towards Tokushima. The clouds formed beautiful layers above and beneath my Cessna.

Here's a question that popped up in my mind upon seeing these: does the software offer the ability to fly historic planes too?

This kind of photographic treatment would fit well with a recreation of a flight made by Amelia Earheart, or Charles Lindbergh, or even Wilbur and Orville Wright or Blériot!

Yes, it is possible to fly different airplanes in X-Plane 11. You can buy different airplanes, but there is also a very active community which makes airplanes which can be downloaded for free. Luminar research, the maker of X-plane 11 even includes software to develop you own airplane. The airplane of Amelia Earheart, a Lockheed Vega 5B, is made by one of the community members and can simply be downloaded this way. I used to fly some old planes on the Microsoft Flightsimulator X but i prefer the newer ones especially the ones with a Garmin 1000 system on board. The Cessna 172s with Garmin 1000 is included in the basic software of X-plane 11 and contrair to the newest Microsoft Flightsimulator 2020 has almost all features of the real one. I prefer the Beechcraft Baron 58 over the Cessna 172s because it has two engines and is a bit faster, while it is still possible to fly not to high above the ground. But the standard Baron 58 in X-plane 11 has no Garmin 1000 system and the modded one from the community has some bugs, i've found out. So for the moment I will stay with the Cessna 172s.

It is VERY clear that you are enjoying yourself.

I can only applaud that.  One has to get as much enjoyment from life as possible.

And you are keeping us amused too, both with your creative images, as with your virtual flight adventures.

I'll probably miss all of that when you return to regular photography.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: http://www.roelh.zenfolio.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow