* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #663 on 2021 01 06 *

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Fox328 Senior Member • Posts: 1,553
Re: Totally Fake 9: Japan

RoelHendrickx wrote:

Fox328 wrote:

After flying from Akeno airfield to Nanki-Shirama Airport, i flew towards Tokushima. The clouds formed beautiful layers above and beneath my Cessna.

Here's a question that popped up in my mind upon seeing these: does the software offer the ability to fly historic planes too?

This kind of photographic treatment would fit well with a recreation of a flight made by Amelia Earheart, or Charles Lindbergh, or even Wilbur and Orville Wright or Blériot!

Yes, it is possible to fly different airplanes in X-Plane 11. You can buy different airplanes, but there is also a very active community which makes airplanes which can be downloaded for free. Luminar research, the maker of X-plane 11 even includes software to develop you own airplane. The airplane of Amelia Earheart, a Lockheed Vega 5B, is made by one of the community members and can simply be downloaded this way. I used to fly some old planes on the Microsoft Flightsimulator X but i prefer the newer ones especially the ones with a Garmin 1000 system on board. The Cessna 172s with Garmin 1000 is included in the basic software of X-plane 11 and contrair to the newest Microsoft Flightsimulator 2020 has almost all features of the real one. I prefer the Beechcraft Baron 58 over the Cessna 172s because it has two engines and is a bit faster, while it is still possible to fly not to high above the ground. But the standard Baron 58 in X-plane 11 has no Garmin 1000 system and the modded one from the community has some bugs, i've found out. So for the moment I will stay with the Cessna 172s.

Fox328's gear list:Fox328's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Olympus E-400 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow