Loving my new Nikon D3500

Started Jan 6, 2021 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gramar
Gramar Forum Member • Posts: 50
Loving my new Nikon D3500

After many years using the Pentax DSLR system I’ve sold it all and moved to Nikon in November 2020. I tried a D300 out a last summer and enjoyed it so decided to take the plunge and have bought myself a D3500 and twin lens kit (AF-P 18-55 VR & AF-P 70-300 VR) from Currys for £599. I can find no one else in the UK offering that deal and it doesn’t appear on the Camera Price buster website either.

So far I’m impressed. I decided on the D3500 because I wanted a simple, lightweight, no frills camera and choose the twin lens kit because it was such good value. I also have a Sony RX100 that has all the bells and whistles I need and is light and small enough to accompany D3500 when required.

During these Covid times in the middle of winter I have fewer opportunities to test my new camera out. That said I walked around Bury St Edmunds last month and took photos of some of the many historic buildings which although not exciting allowed the D3500 & 18-55 to shine. I was astounded by the detail captured. Better even than the K-70 (the last Pentax I owned and also 24 Mp).

I look forward to spring and summer and hopefully allowed to roam more freely once again.

Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds

Crown Street Bury St Edmunds

Gramar's gear list:Gramar's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D3500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR
Nikon D3500
24 megapixels • 3 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Aug 30, 2018
Gramar's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
unrated
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Nikon D300 Nikon D3500 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow