My Fuji Proclamation for 2021...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
SeldomFocused
OP SeldomFocused Regular Member • Posts: 135
Re: My Fuji Proclamation for 2021...

marclw wrote:

Yup, good for you! I shot Canon for years professionally. My 1Dmk3 and 5Dmk2 and all the huge, heavy lenses destroyed my thumbs, especially the right one. Arthritis!!! So, I moved to Olympus. I had two em-1's and every lens under the sun. I got upset off at the file quality at higher ISOs and sold everything off, except for giving one of the cameras and lenses to my stepdaughter. I took a chance and got a Fuji X-H1. I loved it. I'm an old camera guy (72) who was raised on rangefinders and fully manual SLR's. I loved going back to the wonderful dials and rings. I then picked up a used x-pro2 and fell in love. I'll be selling that soon because I got an almost brand new x-pro3 recently. Lovely!! So, I'm good! I got the best of all worlds.

Congrats! Enjoy! Yup, I'm a Fuji man now.

Marc

p.s., I also have a Leica CL and the 18-56mm f/3.5-5.6 lens and several primes. I sold the other "TL" zooms that I bought with that camera. I just can't part with it. It's gorgeous and fulfilled a lifelong dream of owning a Leica. The x-pro3 is the closest I can get to that simplified experience shooting Leica. I love them both, but usually turn to the x-pro3.

Hi Marc!

Thanks for sharing your "conversion story".   You are right about the dials, the aperture rings, and oh my, the shutter on the H1, it is just all so intuitive and tactile and makes me feel like I'm playing a musical instrument almost.  It's just fabulous!

Well enjoy that X-Pro3 of yours, keep that thumb relaxed, and keep er movin!

-- hide signature --
 SeldomFocused's gear list:SeldomFocused's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow