My Fuji Proclamation for 2021...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
SeldomFocused
OP SeldomFocused Regular Member • Posts: 134
Re: My Fuji Proclamation for 2021...

JDR82 wrote:

I did the same, I had a D500 and 300mm PF which I found perfect for wildlife, however to stop messing about with lens swapping I grabbed an X-T20 and a couple of small primes for landscape.

I loved the Fuji so in 2019 sold off the Nikon combo and grabbed an X-T3 and 100-400mm during Black Friday double cash back and Park Cameras 20% discount combo and loved it.... almost.
Previously I ditched a Nikon 200-500mm due to size and weight for the 300mm PF and overall the weight and size reduction outweighed the focal length loss for me. The 100-400mm was just sold before

Christmas as it was bigger and heavier than I enjoyed using so have my fingers crossed the 70-300mm turns out to be a great lens and out soon.

I do hear you on the size of the 100-400.  I can’t tell you how many times I looked at the 2 (D500 and 300 PF) and the H1 100-400 together and picked up the Nikon for the hike/walk/kayak trip or whatever.   But to me the detail the Fuji pulls is greater and I liked the files better, and the shooting experience - so I decided those were more important and freeing my mind even more important.   Oh, and then keeping asking myself  do I use the TC or not on the 300mm - that was another factor.

That 70-300 could be the ticket for you.  I am looking forward to seeing how that lens turns out as well.  I also read that Fuji applied for a patent for a 300mm f4 DO lens.  So it is quite possible we will have a lens similar to that Nikon PF - that would be wonderful if the price isn’t crazy high like I am afraid it might be.

-- hide signature --
 SeldomFocused's gear list:SeldomFocused's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow