Xiaomi Fimi X8 SE photoquality

Started Mar 20, 2019 | Discussions thread
thedancer Regular Member • Posts: 190
Re: Xiaomi Fimi X8 SE photoquality

van ghelue daniel wrote:

I wonder if the photoquality from the Xiaomi Fimi X8 Se is good to print in a photoalbum for wedding?

Thanks for give me examples.

Van Ghelue Daniel

www.fotohuislovendegem.be

I don't have a Xiaomi, but I must say that I have looked at the 2019 version and the 2020. I've been reading and watching a lot of material but it was a no go for me.
Being a enthusiastic photographer and using the drone not only for video but certainly for photography the generated output of the images was not convincing.
I started with the DJI Mavic Mini, and surely I would love the bigger Mavic Pro 2 just to able to have more control by using aperture, but the European regulations were coming and Belgium was not showing very much interest about announcing their view on these, I got myself the little one.
It does only jpg, but I've found that the images become far much better when they are processed in post.
The steps I do to come to a final image are:
1. From jpg to dng in Topaz jpg to raw AI
2. Tapaz gigapixel AI 200%
3. Edit the image in Luminar AI or 4
4. Finalise in Photoshop for Watermark/Logo and minor corrections
Looks like a lot of work, but then again much of these steps are automated in batch. Only step 3 and 4 are really image per image based.

If you are really in for a good result, you might take a look at the DJI mini 2, little not much of noise during flight and more advantages over the first mini.

-- hide signature --

E.Dancer

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow