From Canon 6D to mirrorless

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP N_M New Member • Posts: 4
Re: From Canon 6D to mirrorless

Hello

I wanted to give you a feedback. Finally, I went with the following configuration :

• Fuji X-S10
  • Fuji 14mm F2.8
  • Fuji 23mm F2
  • Fuji 55-200mm F3.5-4.8

With this COVID-19, not easy to get out and shoot landscapes but so far... Regarding the EVF, that is a big change to see so much AF points, the histogram and the burnt areas.
Sure, it is small, but plenty usable.

The size and weight are perfect for hiking. The grip is, to me, much more confortable compared to the X-T3.

The shadow/highlight recovery is quite impressive compared to the 6D. I can bring the shadow to +4 eV and it is still OK .

The fact we can customize the buttons is really nice. Build quality is OK.

I feel quite a steep learning curve coming.
Especially concerning the exposure : I have to be more precise (compared to the 6D) to preserve the highlights and the photometry modes are more "effective".

For now, I am quite happy with my choice but I need time to get used to this system. I will see within the next months if this solution is OK or if I miss the FF :-P.

Here is one from the french alps, the 1st of January. I wish you all a happy new year, at least free from the COVID.
Thank you for your help and inputs.

N_M's gear list:N_M's gear list
Ricoh GR II Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
N_M
N_M
N_M
N_M
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow