Daily life with some old EF glass and a new M6 Mark II

Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
Sharif
Sharif Senior Member • Posts: 1,574
Re: Daily life with some old EF glass and a new M6 Mark II

davecheng wrote:

I worked professionally for the better part of a decade covering news and sports — I still have my original EOS 1D with over half a million shutter actuations as a keepsake. But because of this, I have the good fortune of owning an old but sizeable collection of EF glass. Most of it has been collecting dust until recently, when I got my first new camera in ages with a new M6 Mark II.

Truly, I am blown away by this piece of kit!

The M6ii exceeds the performance of every 1D-series camera I've ever worked with, except perhaps in its ability to hammer down the occasional nail. And while my intention has always been to travel with just the M6ii and compact 22/2, I've been having a lot of fun re-discovering my old gear in casual, point-and-shoot moments of daily life.

Here are a few images from the past couple months with my M6ii and variety of adapted glass — EF 16-35/2.8, 35/1.4, 50/1.2, and 135/2 — some with a 0.71x reducer.

Hi Dave,

i love all of the images you posted but the flare in the shot of the car at the filling station is particularly intriguing. 11mm, f/2. Is that a 16-35L f/2.8 with the reducer?

Sharif's gear list:Sharif's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow