NNRR Ely #2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP Kevner Contributing Member • Posts: 611
Re: NNRR Ely #2

Craig from Nevada wrote:

Another interesting image. I assume that is the base of a water tower that is front and center on the photo. I like the contrast of the wood and metal in the image.

The Nevada Northern Railroad has photo shoots each year in February and March. I hope to participate in one of these in 2022.

Kevner wrote:

A pretty tough negative to work on, but here is another image from Ely, NV at the Northern Nevada Railway.

Thank you for the comment, Craig.  You should definitely take advantage of the opportunity.  Even cleaned up, it is still a cool place to shoot and the shops with the engines have a lot of interesting subject matters.  Ely itself has some interesting things as well and worth a little time.  I guess it all depends on what you gravitate to for subject matter.  A couple other things worth considering up that way are Cathedral Gorge and the Ward Charcoal Kilns.  If you are coming out of Vegas they are on the way.  Ely is fairly high in elevation and I would lean towards a March shoot unless you like the snow, then maybe February.

As for the image, yes its a water tower.  This was the water and coaling station for the steam locomotives.  The negative was very underdeveloped and I was never able to darkroom print it satisfactorily.  I've been scanning in a lot of old negatives and taking the opportunity to retry some images.  I've uploaded a revision of the image as well as another view.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevner's gear list:Kevner's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow