* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #662 on 2020 12 30 *

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Fox328 Senior Member • Posts: 1,553
Group reply

Thanks for all the nice comments and Paula for giving more background information, which makes it for me even more interesting to explore the surroundings of Jackson.

What i find interesting is that this virtual simulation seems to bridge distances we normally can not in this Corona-time. I found a video on Youtube with one of the programmers of the new Microsoft Flightsimulator 2020 in which he told that he has German roots and was not able to visit his family. He flew virtually to his hometown and talked to his family in a videocall about the current weather and felt somehow more connected. I think it is amazing how real it feels when using these kind of simulations even while it is not perfect yet. I've ordered an IR-tracker in the UK which will take things to the next level. With this device all movements of the head will be followed on the screen so i can have the feeling to truely look out of the cockpit window. It should have been delivered already but again the Coronavirus became a hurdle. So it has to be delivered this year after the Brexit, maybe with some extra customs tariffs .

But nothing beats the real thing. So I hope to make some real pictures again and that everythings becomes normal this year. Vaccinations are available so there is reason for hope.  So I wish everybody the best and a good photographic year!

Fox328's gear list:Fox328's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Olympus E-400 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow