Sony 20mm F1.8 first experiences (compared to 16-35 GM)

Started 10 months ago | User reviews thread
N4865G
N4865G Contributing Member • Posts: 692
Re: Sony 20mm F1.8 first experiences (compared to 16-35 GM)

Thank you very much for your valuable comments Joachim,

I understand the sentiment about size and weight. What do you mean with 'cost of owning the lens'?

Lens cost are:

• purchasing price + maintenance - income from it - selling price => total cost of ownership

Which part of the GM 16..35 do you calculate more critical compare to the G 20 f/1.8? Potential selling price or potential income with it?

I make money (not much as this is merely a hobby for me) from sport photography genre and this has been catered for with my telephoto primes and zooms. Landscape, or more so, the travel photography is just a hobby.

I bought the used 16-35GM at the bargain price and it should be quite feasible to get the same price for it should I decide to resell it again. Therefore, this cost would balance out.

I am not particularly pressed to monetise on this expensive lens, then again not using it and collecting dust in my cabinet begs for solution.

P.S. You have some really nice images in your portfolio

Appreciate it very much.

Dom

-- hide signature --

www.dombuszek.com

N4865G's gear list:N4865G's gear list
Sony a9 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow