Best setup for Mountain Biking Pics?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Chumby
OP Chumby Regular Member • Posts: 460
Re: Best setup for Mountain Biking Pics?

GreatWhiteWing wrote:

Chumby wrote:

GreatWhiteWing wrote:

Chumby wrote:

Hi,

Am looking at taking some HSS mountain biking shots on the trail.

I already have 4* Godox AD200 and 2*AD-B2 Brackets with 2* Angler 36" BoomBox softboxes and 2 * Manfrotto stands.

Am not sure the power is going to be enough to get front and rear lighting and the boxes will need to be too close to the riders on the track.

Any thoughts on this setup - or suggestions on what works for you? Also need something relatively portable to carry around.

Happy to investigate further

Cheers,
Chumby

Please let us know how that setup with the deep dish works especially with HSS. 400ws (two AD200's on the AD-B2) seems perhaps a bit under powered.

Thanks... yes will report back.

Have ordered 2 * deep dishes to go with my setup so see what difference it makes on my current setup.

Have a feeling it still ay be underpowered... but time will tell. I am hopeful!

Happy to hear of any other suggestions you may have.

Cheers,
Chumby.

I have no specific suggestions since I am a newb at this stuff. From what other knowledgeable folks say the AD600Pro would be a nice upgrade for power and work seamlessly with the gear you have already.

I drool sometimes for AD600's but my AD200's do everything I need right now

Thank you for this.

Going on the advice (start at 4.10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t51IsHqwa-8

there doesn't seem to be that much difference with the 2*AD200 + AD-B2 and the AD600.  I would imagine though the AD600 would be easier to handle / carry around etc.

I am hoping the deep modifier may make all the difference...

Cheers,
Chumby

Chumby's gear list:Chumby's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow