X100V newbie: accessory questions

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mark B UK Senior Member • Posts: 1,732
X100V newbie: accessory questions

I recently took advantage of a sale price cut by Wex (big photo retailer here in the UK) to buy a new X100V in black with the weather-resistant kit (adapter ring and UV filter). Am now adding accessories for it so have some questions. In all cases it would help me hugely if you could recommend products that are available from Amazon UK or Wex.

1. With the UV filter in place the Fuji lens cap no longer fits. Is there an alternative you could recommend? Would cheap 49mm snap-on caps such as these work?

2. What hood should I get that will work with the UV filter and retain weather resistance, if possible using Fuji's own adapter ring? I'd like one that doesn't impinge much on the OVF. Is this any good? Or this one? Or this option?

3. Is there a trustworthy brand of aftermarket charger that can charge two batteries simultaneously that uses a USB-C lead (rather than USB-mini) or which has a decent length of USB cable built in to it, so I can't forget to take it when travelling?

I'm sure this community contains people who've had to find such accessories for their Fujis, so I'm hoping I can crowdsource this information rather than buy the wrong add-ons and learn the hard way.

Mark B UK's gear list:Mark B UK's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Olympus 25mm F1.2 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow