Olympus 17 mm f 1.2 Pro, 45 mm f 1.2 Pro, Voigtlander 17.5 mm f 0.95

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
BruceRH Senior Member • Posts: 2,679
Re: Olympus 17 mm f 1.2 Pro, 45 mm f 1.2 Pro, Voigtlander 17.5 mm f 0.95

Sbarnaveli wrote:

Lars Henrik Oern wrote:

Hi

In my setup I have one button set up for magnifcation (one of thefront buttons on the em1.2. So switching back and forth is fast and easy. I allmost never (and I am shooting in low light quite a lot) have pictures out of focus

Have a nice newyear

I use the same button for magnification. Maybe just need more time to get used to it.

But still much prefer to have AF when needed

Have a nice new year as well

I use the front button for magnification as well, that along with peaking makes it very easy for me to focus. I do wish MFT (Voigtlander) manual focus lens had electrical contacts like the majority of Sony mount MF lens. Magnification and peaking is then automatic as you start to focus. I love AF for things such as my grandkids and birds but walking around at night with a MF lens is very pleasurable for me and I rarely miss focus with my current setup. Everyone has their own method and preference though which is why we are blessed to have so many different choices.

Happy New Year everyone!

BruceRH's gear list:BruceRH's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital II Sony RX100 III Olympus TG-6 Olympus PEN-F Sony a7R IV +33 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow