Please recommend film simulation recipes from pros

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Albert A Forum Member • Posts: 57
Re: Please recommend film simulation recipes from pros
  1. Samuraidog wrote:

I've recently tried a few of Kevin Mullins' custom film simulation recipes. I like Meyerowitz in particular (for portraits).

https://www.f16.click/blog/tips/fujifilm-jpeg-settings.html

Any of you have recommendations for a professional photographer's film sim recipe? Not a recipe that you have developed on your own, but a recipe that a pro has shared online. Please post only if you have actually tried the pro's recipe and can vouch for it.

Thanks.

I’m using Mullin’s Meyerowitz classic negative recipe. I turned off the clarity because it’s sometimes too much on textures and it slows the camera down significantly. I think I also increased the color a notch. But now it’s my consistent go to recipe for color. I found it on his YouTube channel.

Meyerowitz

Classic Negative
Dynamic Range: DR400
Highlight: -1
Shadow: +2
Color: -2
Noise Reduction: -2
Sharpening: +1
Clarity: +3
Grain Effect: Weak, Large
Color Chrome Effect: Weak
Color Chrome Effect Blue: Strong
White Balance: 5000K, -1 Red & 2 Blue
ISO:

Exposure Compensation:

for black and white I use the Acros recipe from Fuji Xweekly. It’s excellent.

The white balance and color shifts turn me off from most of Fujixweekly’s color recipes. It’s too much. I just want a single continuous look to my jpegs. With that being said, I did compile all his X-trans 4 recipes onto a note app on my phone, so I can change recipes whenever I’m out. It also made it much easier to put the recipes into X-Raw Studio where I have all the recipes and can preview how they would look with my style of photography. I’ll post in a separate comment.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow