tokyowalker wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

tokyowalker wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

tokyowalker wrote:

Chris Dodkin wrote:

Should have asked first before wasting your time and money sending it back

This is the #1 question when people receive this lens

Yes, I should have researched it more and not just assumed I would get a well designed product!

It is a well-designed product.

Maybe it’s well designed enough for some. But not all. Just like Apple’s mouse with the charging port on the bottom. Hehe.

Not the same at all. How does the klunking affect the function of the lens?

Well, Fujifilm should put it in a camera bag and tote it around on a 4500km journey in Africa. Then we’ll find out?

:

Yes I’m speculating. But aren’t you also speculating on positive reliability? That has not been demonstrated over time either.

I will still get the lens, but this time from a brick and mortar shop where I get the 3 year extended warranty , although at a slight premium.

Over a year of ownership:

• Been dragged about in the Alabama Hills of the Eastern Sierras for a week, in the snow
  • Been dragged all over Point Reyes National Seashore, for four days in rain and fog...
  • Been dragged all over Jackson Hole and the Grand Teton area of Wyoming, in cold and snow...
  • Been dragged allover the the Aspen, Carbondale, Telluride areas of CO in both heat, high altitude and COLD

”Clunking all the way . . . “  😎

Been used regularly for “scanning” film / transparencies in my studio. Macro work.

Still pristine in appearance and performance. Good enough for me.

Rand

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow