tokyowalker wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

tokyowalker wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

tokyowalker wrote:

Chris Dodkin wrote:

Should have asked first before wasting your time and money sending it back

This is the #1 question when people receive this lens

Yes, I should have researched it more and not just assumed I would get a well designed product!

It is a well-designed product.

Maybe it’s well designed enough for some. But not all. Just like Apple’s mouse with the charging port on the bottom. Hehe.

Not the same at all. How does the klunking affect the function of the lens?

Well, Fujifilm should put it in a camera bag and tote it around on a 4500km journey in Africa. Then we’ll find out?

As an example, in propeller aircraft, things vibrate at the fundamental or harmonic frequencies of the rotational speed of the engine. For a Cessna 172 that would be around 2400 rpm in a warmer climate at cruise speed. So 864,000 vibrations of a loose component over 6 hours flight time. 864,000 times it had banged against its rubber stops. You can call that good engineering, but I disagree. Apparently so do other camera and lens manufacturers as far as I can tell.

You are speculating on negative reliability due to the design. That has not been demonstrated. Fujifilm lenses are not the only ones that klunk. I have not seen any worse reliability in lenses with moving elements than in lenses with such elements that are locked when powered down. Sony and Nikon use similar designs in some lenses.

-- hide signature --
 JimKasson's gear list:JimKasson's gear list
Nikon Z7 Fujifilm GFX 100 Sony a7R IV Sony a9 II +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow