X-H1 IBIS doesn't improve stabilisation on IS lenses?

Started May 14, 2018 | Discussions thread
SjorsDW
SjorsDW Regular Member • Posts: 133
Re: X-H1 IBIS doesn't improve stabilisation on IS lenses?

mtnroads wrote:

No it does not.

It clearly made a difference for me to use the X-H1 with my 55-200, compared to the X-T2 with that lens, which was never really stable enough for me with the lens OIS alone. It felt like about 1.5-2 stops improvement over lens OIS alone.

It was also noticeable when lens OIS on the lens was turned on than with it off (just using IBIS in the X-H1) which proved to me that the lens and body were communicating properly and sharing duties.

Using latest firmware in both. X-H1 got a big boost in IBIS performance with FW released in late 2019 or early 2020 I forget exactly when.

Yes this is true... like the previous poster said IBIS cant be turned off separately from OIS.

also the 1.5 - 2.5 stop difference cant be right. If the the IOS + IBIS combo was so much better then fuji would have definitely advertised this.

SjorsDW's gear list:SjorsDW's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow