Which L Bracket should i buy

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Greg Livingston New Member • Posts: 6
Re: Which L Bracket should i buy

Greg Livingston wrote:

You are at a crossroads in deciding to continue down the Manfrotto quick release eco- path or changing to an Arca-Swiss eco-path. I too, was there about 10 years ago. I had received a Peak Design clip for Christmas from a friend and in order to use it I had to either buy a Manfrotto compatible plate or switch. I decided to switch and haven't looked back. I retrofitted my Manfrotto ballheads with Arca-Swiss receivers (I believe they were Desmond) and replaced all my RC2 plates with Arca-Swiss. This opened up a new word of solutions which I couldn't get if I had stayed the RC2 path. For example. nodal rails, a star tracker, gimbal. L-brackets, etc..

It wasn't a cheap change, but in the long run it has saved me money. The money savings comes from having more competition for solutions and the ability to find the solution I needed without having to DIY.

If I were you, I'd consider where I would like to be in 5 years with my photography and if now is the time to bite the bullet or not and make the switch.

Oh by the way, I have the Manfrotto L-bracket and hate it. A waste of money. I now have RRS L-brackets for all my bodies and configurations.

Good luck.

In furtherance,

This is what you have

This is my replacement. Cross compatible with Arca-Swiss and Manfrotto RC2.

With Manfrotto RC2.

With Arca-Swiss plate.

With solution I was able to use both Arca-Swiss and Manfrotto.  I eventually retired  all the Manfrotto RC2s.

Greg Livingston's gear list:Greg Livingston's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony RX100 VII Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow