Tips for Using Canon EF 35mm F1.4L II USM

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
J A C S
J A C S Forum Pro • Posts: 18,042
Re: Tips for Using Canon EF 35mm F1.4L II USM

JerryriggedTECH wrote:

jwpnyc wrote:

In a separate thread, I complained that I had some trouble to use 50mm f1.2. So, I decided to buy a Canon EF 35mm f1.4. The 35mm is expensive, fast, and sharp. However, I still miss the feel of the 50mm focal length and the wide-open aperture of the 50mm f1.2.

I noticed that 35mm has a different perspective compared to 50mm. Do any experienced users have any tips for me about using the 35mm? Thanks in advance!

We have a lot of the same gear! I have the new RF 50mm f/1.2L, and the 35mm f/1.4L II. Now the 50 is just awesome... But the 35 f/1.4L II is every bit as special! Some of my all-time favorite images taken with that 35. I remember when I first got the 35, my impression that everything was easy with this lens... fast and accurate focus, great color, low light, no problems! Now on the 5D4, you still need to do your micro-focus adjust, but on my EOS Rs, there is no need for that.

Despite the new 50 being so awesome, I still probably use the 35 more.

Great samples. Just a quick note that my 35LII did not require any MA on my 5D4 but then none of my other lenses did. I am shooting with the R now.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow