R6 - questions with older EF lenses

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gipper51 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,182
R6 - questions with older EF lenses

Hi Gang,

So the allure of the R6 is getting hard to ignore.  I'm really temped to add one to my kit.  But I've got a few questions/concerns that I haven't fully been able to verify.  Hoping you fine folks here can shed some light?

1. I assume the in-body IS works just fine with older EF lenses?  Lenses like my 70-200 f2.8 Non-IS and several older primes (85 1.8, 50 1.8 Mk1) I would love to have IS for.  Same with a Tokina 24-70 f2.8.
  2. How many stops of IS can I expect on these older lenses?  I'm not anticipating 5+ stops, but 2-3 would still be very useful.
  3. From what I can tell, I'm thinking these older lenses are only going to see 7fps on the mechanical shutter?  I can't find much info of people testing and reporting hard facts about the FPS results on older EF lenses.   All I can seem to find are tests about eye AF.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --
 gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +14 more
Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow