FZ 300 contrast - does yours do this?

Started Dec 23, 2020 | Discussions thread
jlina
OP jlina Senior Member • Posts: 1,916
Re: What DP has to say about fs 70. ..final thoughts on FZ300

Hi Nick! Just looking at these again to see how sharp the outline is on the writing on the boats; would you like to share some of your editing tips? I still don't see how what I photographed is less sharp than what you photographed at a further distance? In particular I was trying to outline the writing on the one red boat. and when you blow it up any at all you see that the edges are jagged along the white writing of the line name. that may be the best I can do but I guarantee you that area out to the ships is probably less than two miles maybe even a mile so I do not understand how the writing is not sharply outlined on them. Yes I know I can adjust the contrast or the sharpness in camera and out of camera, however I guess I was just misguiding in my expectations from photos like yours LOL. can you take a second look at the photos of the ships and tell me how I might edit them and your opinion on the sharpness of the writing on the sides of the ships? I don't think there's any focus of stop aperture or iso I haven't tried on the ships at this point, it seems that I've maxed out my options with the camera, I was quite surprised the digital zoom did not manage to get the writing sharper. Appreciate all your time and your insights!

Perhaps I just see too many iPhone photos on Instagram!

-- hide signature --

jlina

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow