FZ 300 contrast - does yours do this?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 15,934
Purple flare

As I am now on my phone, can't comment on the posted images.

Regarding purple flare, if you like it, you could get it easily, infact a lot, from shooting with an Olympus M43 camera and a Panasonic 7~14mm f/4 ultra wide angle lens... 🙃

This example of Olympus camera & that particular Panasonic lens is not a lens issue, but purely on the different policy of UV cutting (Olympus uses lens coating whereas Panasonic uses stronger UV filter on sensor) only.

Generally one of the factors to classify a high quality lens is the flare resistance power. That purple flare indeed is sort of flare, so a good lens should be able to reduce it by special lens coating. Therefore generally the lens on ZS15 is not good as that one on FZ300 if judging on the flare resisting power. 😀

-- hide signature --

Albert
** Please feel free to download the original image I posted here and edit it as you like **

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow