FZ 300 contrast - does yours do this?

Started Dec 23, 2020 | Discussions thread
gardenersassistant Veteran Member • Posts: 9,027
Re: What DP has to say about fs 70. ..final thoughts on FZ300

jlina wrote:

wow! That is so cool! and we see the same brand ships? just mind blowing! Thank you so much, it looks like you may live in one of the most interesting places in the world I bet it's an amazing cultural juxtaposition?!

There are a fair number of people of Welsh origin in our area (my wife for example happens to be one of them), and people have moved in both directions to find work, although that would mainly be since the late 1800s when a railway tunnel was built under the river (the two bridges in the illustration are 20th century constructions). Before then you either had to cross in a boat (and that may not have been easy in the age of sail because there are strong currents in the estuary), or go quite a long way up the river to where it was narrow enough for there to be a bridge. That would have limited movement, especially for the common folk who would usually have had to walk anywhere they wanted to go.

One of my brothers and his wife (both English) live in Wales, and their children are both English by birth but identify strongly as Welsh. As a child my wife would sometimes go to Wales at Christmas to stay with relatives. My wife has looked into her family history and the family history of my sister in law who lives in Wales. There has been a lot of back and forth between the two countries in both families, and I suspect that is quite common around here.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow