FZ 300 contrast - does yours do this?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
kkardster
kkardster Veteran Member • Posts: 9,990
Re: DMC FS15 vs FZ300

jlina wrote:

Nick, this is what I don't get! I understand the new camera takes much better resolution pictures, I'm not working it correctly, etc. etc. BUT...how is this possible? A 2012 cheap camera with I think 10x zoom does this....

dmc fs15

the point in the middle of the fz 300 picture below

full zoom.

It's maddening!! How is this possible? Unless it's the camera not me! Help??

Jacqueline

I don't know! The ZS15 is a 15x zoom model with maximum EFL of 384mm. Your FZ300 uses the same sensor size but offers 24x @600mm EFL, so should be able zoom 50% beyond what the ZS15 is capable of. Unless - as you suggested in another thread - the ZS15 is using digital zoom while the FZ300 is not.

I'd suggest shooting the same subject at a series of different focal lengths/zoom levels to confirm that the camera is working properly. Start at the widest 25mm/1x focal length and zoom to 5x, 10x, 15x, 20x, and 24x to ensure that the results appear to zoom in accordingly. You could also compare identical shots taken at the same zoom levels between the ZS15 and FZ300 - which should show the same field of view (FOV) or level of magnification.

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic ZS100 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow