X100 F bottom plate removal

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Techvet Forum Member • Posts: 84
Re: A better option...

GearJunkie wrote:

If you really can't deal with that scratch, sell the camera and buy another new one. This would be the quickest AND cheapest way to get the end result that you want. Whatever you decide, I do wish you good luck.

I would agree with this statement 100%. If the scratch is bothering you that much, sell the camera, noting the scratch in the description. Sell it for like $50-100 off the lowest fair used price you can find on the internet.  You will be surprised how fast it goes. Then go out and buy a new camera plus a Gartz half case and you will be far happier.  Keep in mind that if you embark on a destructive path at trying to fix this and THEN decide to sell it, you will take a huge financial bath.  I'm 99% certain that you'll NEVER make the bottom of your camera look factory fresh, not to mention getting the rubber skins back on correctly should they require removal.   So cut your losses now, sell this beast and buy new.  I  too wish you luck, plus peace and closure!

Techvet's gear list:Techvet's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow