L-bracket for Nikon Z7ll Z6ll Z5

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
steveTQP
steveTQP Regular Member • Posts: 219
Re: L-bracket for Nikon Z7ll Z6ll Z5

Hello ogarber.

I use the Kirk L-bracket on my Z7, and it works as designed. It is light, yet extremely strong, robust, and highly recommended!  I just wanted to mention that if you prefer to use a USB-C cable for image transfer to your computer (rather than removing the XQD card repeatedly), all one has to do is loosen the bracket (with supplied and handy allen wrench), and slide the bracket to the left. This way, it's fairly easy to unfasten the rubber cover to access the USB-C port. I find this method preferable to removing the XQD card (realizing that one must do so for firmware updates), because in a previous camera (Fuji X-T3) I had an issue with a damaged/corrupt SD card, ostensibly from frequent removing/inserting into card reader/inserting back in camera. Once I adopted the USB-C method of transfer on the X-T3, the issue disappeared. True, the XQD card of the Z7 is more robust (no pins) than an SD card, but I still prefer to only remove the XQD when doing a firmware update. Thanks, and Be Safe!

-- hide signature --

SteveTQP
steve@totalqualityphoto.com

steveTQP's gear list:steveTQP's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 Macro Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow