Pleased with KEH Camera

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
24thWanderer
24thWanderer Regular Member • Posts: 228
Re: Pleased with KEH Camera

Bernard Waxman wrote:

I recently bought a Nikon F5 from KEH that was marked bargain. Boy was I surprised that the camera looks almost new to me. Just slight wear and a few minor scuff marks. I have no idea was it was marked bargain instead of excellent. By the way, I bought the camera for its battery tray which I could not find anywhere. $280 for a battery tray is rather expensive but it was either that or have a non-working F5. Now instead I have two F5s in great condition.

Here is a link to my post under film photography if you want to see a few quick test photos that I took this week.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64619587

I don't use them often as I tend to get a lot of my gear new (mostly because I always get the longest warranty I can on gear I know will be using heavily). But I have used them several times over the past 3 or so years for lenses. Never had a bad experience. In fact, most of the lenses I have picked up appeared to be in better condition than what they rated it (similar to your experience with your F5). I have no reservations about using them again in the future should I need to.

24thWanderer's gear list:24thWanderer's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7 Canon EOS RP Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD Macro +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow