Is this Covid-19 virus decimating wedding photographers?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
24thWanderer
24thWanderer Regular Member • Posts: 228
Re: Is this Covid-19 virus decimating wedding photographers?

john isaacs wrote:

Weegee wrote:

Wedding photography has exploded in the past few years ( shorter marriages/divorces/re-marriage, etc )and anyone wanting to get into photography and making "some" money immediately went into wedding photography.

Now with a reinvigorated Covid-19 and winter coming on, there probably aren't too many marriages planned.

With practically no money coming in for photographers from the gov. How are wedding photographers going to survive? Is it going to be the 1%ers of photographers? They will survive but the rest will slowly fall by the wayside. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.......that's the mantra of life!

I shut down my event photography business. No events/weddings/portraits. I'm shooting landscapes and wildlife (animal, not human) for fun. And enjoying my weekends again.

Yep. Same here, my guy. I have now gone back to my roots of landscape, street candids and abstracts. I did mostly concerts and events (though I have a couple of weddings now) before all this went down. And while I did do a few event gigs this year, I am pretty much back to doing what I did when I started 8 years ago.

If you're photographing people as your main line of work, I feel for you. It has not been a good year for us (or artists in general).

24thWanderer's gear list:24thWanderer's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7 Canon EOS RP Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD Macro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow