Replacing X100F viewfinder selector switch (finding the part)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
koushiro
koushiro Forum Member • Posts: 78
Replacing X100F viewfinder selector switch (finding the part)

Hi everybody. In a bit of a snap decision, I bought an X100F that's missing the viewfinder selector/FN2 button. Now, it was a good enough deal that in the event I can't fix it, I'll just put some electrical tape over the hole and use it as-is. It still works perfectly aside from not being able to switch between OVF/EVF (and being down a function button). That said, I'd like to fix it if possible. I have experience with this kind of thing (bought and fixed an X70 that had the focus ring assembly falling off the body), so I'm not too concerned there.

My main concern is actually finding the part and not paying an arm and a leg for it. I'm not in a particular rush, so if I have to stalk eBay for a couple of months and wait for something to pop up, so be it. But I did find a front assembly for an X100T for a decent price, so that brings me to my main question. Does anybody know if the viewfinder selector switch on the X100T and X100F are interchangeable? They look more or less the same on the outside, being a combination switch/button. If they're the same, I'll just get the X100T part. Or if the part from another camera like the X-Pro2 would work the same, that would be fine as well.

And this seems like more of a shot in the dark, but if anybody has a lead on an actual X100F switch I could buy (preferably black), that would be appreciated as well. Thanks for any help you can provide!

koushiro's gear list:koushiro's gear list
Sony a7 III Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro2 Pentax X70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow