Any suggestion on how to retouch this landscape shot?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tiffles Veteran Member • Posts: 5,042
Any suggestion on how to retouch this landscape shot?

Hi!

I am struggling with postprocessing a file and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion?

Typically I get along very ok with my tool (Lightroom) but I cannot get this image 100% right. This is the best edit I can come up with (I think it is about 75% where I want it):

The image was shot in very difficult weather (very bright, very windy and somewhat hazy) at about 4200m above sea level. I took a couple of shots there but this file is about the sharpest so trying to get it right and ready for print. I am thinking about printing this on metal to aesthetically volley the "shine" the haze and light brings in.

My problem is not the final print prep / upsizing / sharpening but the "cosmetic retouching" part, i.e. taking this image and making its colors and textures crisp coherent and beautiful, make the haze work better overall etc .

Any suggestions? Ideally such that I can accomplish with LR as I don't own Photoshop anymore and Gimp is somewhat of a UX mystery for me.

Thanks in advance!

PS: You can also have a look at the raw file if you like

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/0268e1b522434dacdea85082271fb54420201226185028/8bd51ff7a2ae389d6f5f0df8b33b304120201226185028/7784fd

Tiffles's gear list:Tiffles's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sony RX1R Kodak DCS Pro 14n Nikon D700 +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow