Which Software do you recommend for new photographer

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
OP Xlr8tin Regular Member • Posts: 244
Re: Which Software do you recommend for new photographer

KCook wrote:

Xlr8tin wrote:

Hey guys, I need some help with this since it is throwing me in every direction and I can't decide.

Luminar caught my eye with some of the easy options they can offer a beginner.

Luminar does pack a lot of ready-to-run Looks (presets or styles) to pick through. Once in a while one of these can be useful. Adobe editors also feature these. ACDSee also has these, but they are much more hidden, and are predominately special effects instead of the more common styles. I prefer to cook up my own presets, easy to do with most editors these days.

I was thinking with Luminar 4, but they were saying they will only be offering support for another year, that I should go with Luminar AI. I'm still going back and forth between them and trying to find other decent options.

I run Luminar3, and I'm in no hurry to update that. But I don't have a need for the very latest RAW formats either.

I wonder if I could get away with Luminar 4 since it is pretty cheap. That is basically how I feel. I don't necessarily need more features every time an update comes out. Having good features to start with is all I need

I am not a professional photographer so I'm not making money. At this point, I'm not sure how I could even make money doing landscape so this is just going to be for me to edit my photos. So no monthly subscriptions, so adobe is out.

Is there any go-to software out there that all of you like and use besides lightroom?

Noooo. There are so many non-subscription choices that it would be foolish to pick one as the go-to for everybody. To see what I mean, here are links to lots of opinions -

What Image Editing Software Do You Use?

Favorite Windows 10 Non - Subscription Photo Retouching Software ?

Beginner Question: what are the current best alternatives to Lightroom

Kelly Cook
(ACDSee, Affinity, ART, Darktable, Luminar3)

Well, wonderful...Makes it easy for new people

Xlr8tin's gear list:Xlr8tin's gear list
Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony FE 20mm F1.8G +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow