What is next for Hasselblad X1D II and XCD lenses

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
tokyowalker Regular Member • Posts: 150
Re: Too many assumptions

Too many assumptions to unpack here - however your view of the supply chain for Blad is incorrect.

Availability has been extremely limited by production delays, and funding issues, not by wild demand.

Blad haven't helped this by consistently advertising product many many months ahead of any actual production, yet are happy taking people's money and putting them on long wait lists.

I believe this abuses the loyalty of their customer base and damages the brand - but it may have been an economic necessity for the original X1D to go into production.

DJI's purchase of Blad saved the brand, and we will see if it is able to maintain the quality, and also start to deliver to a more acceptable schedule.

Actually I don’t think anyone has ever seen any data that supports any view and it’s all simply subjective conjecture. But that’s just my opinion. In the meantime I’ll stick with my less pessimistic opinion about Hasselblad regardless that it’s now owned by the Chinese. Uptake of their product is huge here so that’s the only assumption I can make. As a brand I still get excellent service from Hasselblad even for the old kit I’m selling. And so does the original poster - he had an HC lens converted for compatibility. Try taking your GFX to Fuji for service, in many cases it’s a write off. Let alone would they help you to make an older Fujifilm lens compatible.

And I’m not saying they outsell Fujifilm but truth be told GFX is a much cheaper system to acquire.

In any case both are great cameras, not sure why all the negativity towards Hasselblad here but oh well.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
etn
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow