What is next for Hasselblad X1D II and XCD lenses

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
tokyowalker Regular Member • Posts: 150
Re: What is next? Maybe nothing

JimKasson wrote:

tokyowalker wrote:

soremade wrote:

What makes you think the x1d has been successful on the market? Tony Northrup said the entire system will be dead soon. I know he does it for clicks, but has there been any indication that Hasselblad would even continue supporting it? This year has been rough for most camera companies and I think smaller companies like Hasselblad could very well be in trouble.

I’m not sure where you’re living but here in Tokyo all of the new Hasselblad kit is very popular and you have to wait to buy it.

X-series availability has been an issue on and off ever since the series was first announced. It may not correlate well with popularity. If it did with a coefficient of unity, then the Fuji GFX has not sold nearly as many MILC cameras as Hasselblad.

I eschewed Hasselblad, even selling my old V kit , and went Fujifilm. For reasons mostly related to wanting to support Japanese domestic manufacturing. Other than that I’m of the impression they’re having a renaissance...

Jim that might be true in the U.S., but here there is an active Hasselblad Club and mailing list tracking serial #s, mostly to discuss issues. When I was considering the X1 camera the lead time was months, due to high demand. They’ve sold quite a few thousands here. I think Americans have a distorted view of Hasselblad because they typically are more consumerist and less brand loyal. As an example there is a Hasselblad boutique 3km from my house. And 2 Leica boutiques within that range. Also to be honest Americans on average typically don’t have the budget priority or economic wherewithal to get into a Hassy or Leica system, whereas in Asia and Europe there is a thicker upper middle class with a larger budget and no driveway for a huge RV or boat and 2 cars etc. Please don’t get me wrong on that comment- I’m an American, retired Navy.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
etn
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow