No Epson P900 Driver for Big Sur

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
steverap
OP steverap Forum Member • Posts: 65
Re: No Epson P900 Driver for Big Sur

Hi Howard. Yes, you sense correctly, because you knew nothing about my circumstance yet you assumed I was unaware of good practice. In my case, my 27" iMac was crashing 6-8 a month for many months and I finally decided to deal with the problem last month. Thinking that perhaps a corrupted OS (Catalina) environment was the culprit - not an unreasonable thought - Apple insisted that I upgrade to Big Sur. As it turned out, the problem was bad memory modules, but I am now stuck with Big Sur unless I downgrade to Catalina, which is a pain to do.

In any event, your advice - which I know was intended to be helpful - is right on the mark: I regularly backup my data to two external drives and an offsite cloud-based service. And I rarely do a major OS upgrade until a few dot upgrades have been released but, as I explained, I had no choice in this case. I do find it unconscionable that Epson did not have drivers ready for what is a significant upgrade to the Mac OS, a platform used by so many photographers, or at the very least notify registered uses of its lack of support for Big Sur. Epson, by the way, now says that compatible drives will be available "soon," whatever that means.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow