Acrobat DC and Photoshop Elements 2021 Clash

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Photorer Senior Member • Posts: 1,429
Acrobat DC and Photoshop Elements 2021 Clash

I don’t know if anyone else is having this challenge, but I am now bald after tearing my hair out over this issue. Let me explain….

I bought a new laptop in October 2020. On the laptop was my usual productivity suites of Office and various other items including Adobe Acrobat DC Reader. I decided it was time to upgrade my Photoshop Elements to the latest one (my last one was 2016), and purchased the Photoshop Elements / Premiere Elements 2021 bundle. This went without a hitch and I installed the new programmes. All items worked, and I proceeded to continue with my work.

When I wanted to edit a few photos, and prepare a flyer with Photoshop Elements, it proceeded not to open, and was hanging before it began its initialisation phase. After uninstalling and re-installing, with the same result, I contacted Adobe Support. The support staff asked for access, and while I was watching, renamed a couple of licence files and then asked me to re-activate – it worked. I did part of my editing, then shut down for the night. The next day the same issue arose………….. could not start Photoshop Elements.

Another session with Adobe Support (new ticket and all that goes with it) and I was told to uninstall ALL adobe products, deleting any files and folder that reference Adobe, restarting and then reinstall, this time with Adobe Reader DC as the last install. After many hours of following this, I activated the programme successfully, and it worked until I shut down for the night. The next day, same story – could not get into Photoshop Elements.

Does anyone have a solution, because I guess Adobe will not be happy to give me a refund at this stage. I really like the programme and have been using it since around 2004…..

Your suggestions and guidance is VERY welcome!

If I can't get this fixed, then perhaps I need to explore other applications for Windows that can manage PSD files (from previous items).... thanks in advance!

Stay safe!

-- hide signature --

Still not enough time to take pictures....... Is there ever?

Photorer's gear list:Photorer's gear list
Sony SLT-A77
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow