FZ 300 contrast - does yours do this?

Started Dec 23, 2020 | Discussions thread
kkardster
kkardster Forum Pro • Posts: 10,021
Re: FZ 300 contrast - does yours do this?

jlina wrote:

Ps Ashley, I downloaded the photoME app I saw you talking about because it said it would show you your exact focal point. (I had a very long thread here teaching me about only one focus vs sharpness!) I couldn't find a way to do that. It only shows the picture small in the bottom left corner. I thought it'd show me the picture with like a dog where the focus was. And I was quickly overwhelmed with so many tabs! My gosh! I do have version 2.2

PhotoME should show a pair of brackets such as [] at the focus point on the thumbnail image. However, keep in mind that if you half-press to focus and then recompose, the focus point shown will correspond to where in the frame focus was achieved before you composed the shot and will appear to show that you focused on the wrong subject.

In my case, I typically shoot with a small, single focus area so I typically center on my subject, half-press to achieve and lock focus, recompose, then fully press the shutter to take the shot. Therefore, PhotoME always shows my focus dead-center but that's usually not correct.

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic ZS100 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow