sony a7riii with 200-600G

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Ed Rosack Forum Member • Posts: 79
Re: sony a7riii with 200-600G

smaximo wrote:

Hi,

I've just recently bought the sony 200-600 G lens and I am using it with the sony A7r III.

I have tested it a couple of time on different occasions with different light conditions (mainly good), but I have been struggling to get some sharp images even with higher shutters like 1/500 or so when taking pics of medium sized birds (not BIF). It has been difficult to acquire focus on the subjects and most of the times they look blurred.

I've seen a lot of videos and read reviews where people say that the AF is fast and very sharp even with lower shutter speeds under 1/100 or so, and most of the times handheld.

I've been using AF-C with small flexible spot.

I am thinking if it can be from this combination that I am using A7rIII+200-600 or something else.

Thankful for some feedback and tips.

I use the 200 - 600 with my A7R III.  For stationary birds, I set AF - S with Flexible Spot M.  Sometimes I've had to change that to Flexible Spot S if I'm trying to shoot through clutter.

For BIF, I use Continuous AF, Focus Area Wide.

I also set the focus limiter switch on the lens for the situation: mostly 10m - infinity.

I almost always shoot hand held and leave the IS on.

Ed Rosack's gear list:Ed Rosack's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus E-M5 II Sony a7R III Sony a6600 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow