My Experience with the RX100 in Disney (Example Striking Differences)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
agentBG425 New Member • Posts: 1
My Experience with the RX100 in Disney (Example Striking Differences)

Hello! New to the forum, but wanted to share a few pics.

Last Christmas, before the craziness of COVID, we visited the crowded Disney parks in Florida. I took the first picture with the RX100 vii. The camera was in auto mode, I was in the middle of a crowd, I didn't even try to take a good shot. I think most of us, even with a critical eye, would agree it is a good shot given the circumstances I just described, and especially for a camera that fits in my pocket!

But then how do I explain the second and third pictures? They were taken within an hour of the first picture, and there are many like them in the library. In the first pic where you can kind of see the plastic Santas, there are several shots in a row like this, even though I was standing still.

The third shot, again there are many like it, were in a slow moving boat ride (It's a Small World).

I am sure many of you are going to say this could have been avoided by properly setting up the camera, and I don't disagree for a second, but the reality is that there are times in life (like in Disney of all places) where that is not possible - and it would be great to have an understanding how the same camera can produce such different results on the same night. Was this user error? Just the reality of auto modes?

I'm new here so please go easy! But thoughts/input is greatly appreciated!

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow