How companies compare

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nickemmano Forum Member • Posts: 94
How companies compare

I know i have made the same post before...and i know that countless others ask about it. However due to pandemic and some strange anti-covid measures here in Greece i am unable to rent the R5 and Z7 ii and a7R IV to try them. So here goes:

-i know all the tech specs of the cameras so it is not necessary to repeat them

-Canon is the priciest to buy

-I mostly do Lanscape, street and travel photography with the occasional portraits of friends and girlfriend(touristy style mostly, sometimes more arty). Video is not important

-All companies have the lenses i need

However what i dont know and need your experience are the following:

-How do the lenses of each company compare as far as design, durability and reliability and perhaps quality?

-Are there differences in these cameras that would be of interest to me and my use case ?(unfortunately i will not be able to actually use them through renting for a long time)

-Lastly based on your experience and perhaps info or intuition, should i be worried by the recent move of nikon to thailand? Will this affect quality(perhaps not)? But most importantly does it mean that nikon is in danger of leaving the business over the next 5 years?

Thank you very much

P.S I want to get into some amateur product photography for a blog(food photography). Everyone says for this type of photography a high-mp body is necessary. Is it true?

Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z7 II Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow