My best of January to June 2020

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gloomy1 Contributing Member • Posts: 517
My best of January to June 2020

In many ways a year to forget but I try to make the best of everything so my best of each month.

January: The day before I had visited Glasgow for a concert and the weather looked promising so a 30 mile drive North into the Trossachs.

Loch Ard, Scotland

February: Still Scotland but Glencoe between winter storms. This is a multi shot panorama with me perched on an icy rock hoping not to slip.

Glencoe, Scotland

March: This was taken 2 days before lockdown here. Deepdale is one of Cumbria's wilder valleys that feel a lot like Scotland, the icy wind added to the feeling.

Deepdale Beck, Cumbria

April: lockdown here but we were allowed out for exercise. This is a small beck less than a mile from my house and a pleasant walk with little chance of meeting anyone.

Quarry Beck, Cumbria

May: Still in lockdown but we had weeks of lovely weather and I decided that my daily exercise would be cycling around the local roads. The hills in the background are the North Eastern edge of the Lake District about 25 miles away. This day I brought a camera rather than a phone as the clouds looked interesting. I managed to get home without getting wet.

Northern Cumbria

June: still in lockdown but we were allowed to drive short distances to exercise. This is Hadrian's Wall fairly close to my house. Taken in the rain with thunder rumbling around and me sheltering under an umbrella. Another multi-shot panorama.

Hadrian's Wall, Northumberland

July to December next week. I hope that the images bring a little joy. Ken

Gloomy1's gear list:Gloomy1's gear list
Sony a7R IV +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow