Epson p800 under Big Sur

Started Dec 19, 2020 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bernie Ess Veteran Member • Posts: 7,150
Epson p800 under Big Sur

Hi,

after what seems an eternity I have switched on my p800 to my iMac that runs Big Sur. I managed to print an image with basic settings, but all more refined settings like paper thickness, media type and such were not available. I have installed the latest drivers, is there a utility that allows nozzle check? Did not find it either...

How are your Mac OS Big Sur experiences with the p800?

That been said: The fact that the printer printed at all is a wonder. In what's at least 2 years I switched on the printer for only the second time. I did other things and thought about selling the printer a while ago, but never could decide to go for it.   All the horror stories about dried out inks and blocked nozzels? Nothing here. The most amazing thing is that I still run on the first set of cartridges that came with the printer, that must be close to 4 years now.

Praise on Epson. Those problems existed without a doubt on older machines, but no longer on this one!

-- hide signature --

'All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice.' (Elliot Erwitt)

Bernie Ess's gear list:Bernie Ess's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow