Help me to decide: a7III or a7rIII?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
kvken Regular Member • Posts: 260
Re: Help me to decide: a7III or a7rIII?

Rodolfo40 wrote:

Hi guys,

I am really confused. And more and more I read and watch comparisons, more confused I am. Ok, let me explain:

I come from Nikon D850. It is not a bad camera but I really had problems with it. I use to take pictures of my kids, family photograpfy, weddings... But D850 really didnt do a good job. It was hard to obtain crispy images in 1:1 in a 4K monitor. I mean, if I was shooting my kids, if they moved a litthe bit (and they really do), the image wasnt crispy. Somebody told me it was because of the double resolution over the D750 I owned before.

Now I tried an A7iii and I liked it but I missed a little bit of more resolution. My questions are:

1. With the 42mp of the A7RIII, will I have the same problem of no crispy images at 1:1 because of the hight definition of the sensor?

2. I know A7III has more focus points and covers more sensor area but. Where both cameras cover, do the speed and precision of the autofocus and eye focus work the same level? or are there any difference between to in real life?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english. Stay safe!

With the a7r3 being under two grand right now go that just for the better EVF and the cropping ability of the 42 meg sensor. 1998 for the r3 is a insane price.

kvken's gear list:kvken's gear list
Sony a7R III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow