Nikon Z7II + BlackMagic or R5

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bohumir New Member • Posts: 2
Nikon Z7II + BlackMagic or R5

Hi folks, I’m on the edge of buying Canon R5 with RF 50 1.2 and 70-200 2.8 however Z7II with future BlackMagic setup looks interesting. The problem is I know a lot about stills but I’m newbie in terms of video.

I honestly think new Z glasses are a bit ahead than RF ones, new 12-24, 50 1.2 and also 24-70 are imho the best whereas the 70-200’s drawback is its size against RF version.

And here is the question, with my wife we expect a baby, meaning capturing its life will simply become my life mission.

Prio 1 stills, skin colors, bokeh, eye AF speed and accuracy…

Prio 2 4k 25 and 60p, low iso performance, DR, eye AF accuracy, focus breathing

With R5 this all is more than possible, but what about Z7II with upgraded RAW and Ninja V?

Does anybody know, how the output will look like in terms of quality, DR against R5? I could find that this setup will be limited to 4k 30p?

Unfortunately Z6 is simply too much limiting for my work (landscape) so I need some kind of all rounder which R5 really is (overheating won’t be an issue – 5min clips).

Will be really happy for your opinions.

Thank you.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow