Lightroom Printing Broken - December 2020 Update?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jamil Abbasy Senior Member • Posts: 1,336
Lightroom Printing Broken - December 2020 Update?

I think the recent Lightroom update and / or the recent Mac Catalina security update broke the ability to print correctly from Lightroom Classic. I also noticed that all my Epson 3880 and Epson P900 ICC profiles are missing. I tried deleting and reinstalling the printer driver for the 3880 and it didn't fix it. The only way to get those back was to manually copy and paste the 3880 profiles like this article explains:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/color-management/printer-profiles-missing-for-epson-sc-p800/td-p/10869629?page=1

I made a print 6 days ago on 12/12/20 and it printed ok. I tried printing a different image today and it was super dark with inaccurate colors. I tried re-printing with a +14 brightness in the Lightroom print module and it wasn't much better.

I then went back to the image I printed on 12/12/20 and it printed horribly from Lightroom. The image was dark, the blues were way off, and the gradations in the sky were splotchy like an image that hasn't fully loaded or a low resolution JPG. I went to Edit in > Photoshop 2021 and printed the same image with the same profile, intent, and printer dialog settings, and it printed like the print from 6 days ago, nearly identical.

Anyone else having this problem?

Any way to fix the ability to print in Lightroom?

Thanks,

Jamil

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow