New visitor in my garden

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP CrisL Contributing Member • Posts: 887
Re: New visitor in my garden

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

I really like them too! Is that parrot native to your area? Are you near a tropical rain forest lol

It's a Rose Ringed Parakeet ; not native but they are spreading all around Paris in france area !  I knew they stay in a wood near my house but  first time in my garden

By the way what is your experience with sooc JPG at ISO 100 and 200, are they much closer to their natural colors and when you process RAW from images taken at those lower ISO are the colors very similar to the sooc JPG as well as the amount of details you see?

I think it's more a question of light than ISO  ; with good light (probably lower iso) sure the sooc jpg  can be good and closer than the processed RAW but of course we can get any colors by post processing but I think I will always get more details less noise processing the RAW

for exemple this very nice day today i shooted this one at iso 100

sooc embeded in raw

processed from RAW

CrisL's gear list:CrisL's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 950 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 Nikon Coolpix P1000 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow