Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8 S or not?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP gnet158 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,076
Re: Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8 S or not?

Thanks for all the great insight and replies.  I too think the 24-70mm F4 kit is a steal if you picked it up used.  My reasoning is this.

1. Thin my bag, I've only taken out the 50mm f1.8s lens a handful of times.  (I mainly take my 24-70mm f4 kit lens).

2. I don't want to repeat my bag full of lenses that I don't really use on a regular basis.

3. I would like to have a lens that can "do it all", meaning the really RARE times I do night shooting, Astro, and a faster lens to take portrait shots.  I can work around this by zooming out to 70mm and shooting at F4.  But do miss more background blur.

4.  I do enjoy the lightweight of the kit and understand the F2.8 will be heavier, but I'm a veteran of the Sigma 105mm f1.4 

Not a pro so that's why I'd need to sell both and hope the difference would be about 1k + tax.

Still considering it.

-- hide signature --

I got to get out and shoot more.

gnet158's gear list:gnet158's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D7100 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow